Selection of an Individual Consultant for the development of a five-minute video documentary08 Feb, 2024
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(SELECTION OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Selection of an Individual Consultant for the development of a five-minute video documentary
on the Gambia Pilot and the quick impact project of the ECOWAS fund for regional
stabilization and development
Reference No. ECW/DAGS/CD/OVP/31-01-2024/dg
1. The ECOWAS Commission intends to use part of its budget to finance the contract of an Individual
Consultant for the development of a five-minute video documentary on the Gambia Pilot and the quick
impact projects, of the ECOWAS fund for regional stabilization and development.
2. This consultancy assignment shall therefore require the selected consultant to collaborate with the
Office of the Vice President, Communication Directorate of the ECOWAS Commission, as well as
relevant Communication Teams of GIZ Gambia, KfW and GAMWORKS to solicit content and develop
a five (5) minutes video documentary on the Gambia Pilot Project, as well as the ECOWAS – Finance
Quick Impact Project in the Guinea Bissau and Niger.
3. The overall objective of this documentary on the Gambia and the quick impact project of the ECOWAS
fund for regional stabilization and development is to share information on the project activities, lessons,
and results to showcase ECOWAS Commission’s interventions in facilitating sustainable development
especially among fragile communities in the region.
4. Duration: The expected duration of the assignment is 40-working days in a 4-month period, starting
from the date the contract is signed.
5. Duties and responsibilities of the Consultant: The specific tasks under this consultancy are as follows:
• Interview the Vice President of ECOWAS Commission and FRSD Team in ECOWAS
Commission to collect information on ECOWAS’s rationale and vision for establishment of the
Stabilization Fund, the importance of the Gambia Pilot, as well as importance of the Quick
• Interview KfW Headquarters on their impression of the Stabilization Fund, their role, and
importance of result achieved in The Gambia.
• Interview GIZ Nigeria on their impression of the Stabilization Fund, their role, and importance
of result achieved in The Gambia.
• Interview key Government Ministers in The Gambia to solicit their perspective on the relevance
of the Gambia Pilot for the overall development of the Gambia. The Ministers to be interviewed
are as follows:
Ø Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs;
Ø Minister of Agriculture;
Ø Minister of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology;
Ø Minister of Youth and Sports
Ø Minister for Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment;
• Interview Project Implementation Team of the Gambia Pilot Project to solicit their inputs on the
following; (1) Objectives of the Pilot Project, (2) Components, (3) Processes for implementation,
(4) Key lessons, (5) Key results. The institutions to be interviewed are as follows;
Ø GIZ Gambia
Ø PEM Consult
• Interview ECOWAS representative in The Gambia on the importance of the Gambia Pilot and
the role of ECOWAS at the country level in its implementation.
• Interview fisherwomen in Brufut on the benefits of the Stabilization Fund on their economic
• Interview recipients of grants on the benefits of the Stabilization Fund on their agricultural
• Interview management selected students in Mansa-Konko Vocational Training School on the
benefits of the Stabilization Fund on their vocational education.
• Interview beneficiaries of the rice production, construction, and solar equipment in Guinea
Bissau (Gabu and Bafata), and Niger (Dosso) on the benefits of the ECOWAS investment in
B. VIDEO AND PHOTO SHOOTS AT PROJECT SITES
• Conduct video and photo shoots of the following project sites;
Ø Fish-smoking site in Brufut (completed) and Jeswang, Banjul and Barra (under
Ø 80-bed students’ dormitories at the Mansa-konko Vocational Training Institute
Ø Agri-Food Processing Centre at Kanifing, Serrekunda (GBA) – under construction.
Ø 40-bed dormitories at GTTI-Annex Julangel – (under construction).
Ø Fish Farms, horticultural sites and poultry farms provided with grants under the project.
Ø Site of beneficiaries who received rice production, construction, and solar equipment in
Guinea Bissau (Gabu and Bafata), and Niger (Dosso).
C. DEVELOPMENT OF A FIVE (5) MINUTES DOCUMENTARY (FINAL
• Develop a five (5) minutes documentary on the Gambia pilot project, its components, activities
undertaken and results (Project Team, Gambia Government, ECOWAS, BMZ/kfW/GIZ, key
• One minute photo-story on the Gambia Pilot project.
• One minute photo-story on the quick impact project.
6. The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to express their
interest in providing the services. Interested consultants shall provide information showing that they
have the qualifications and experience to provide the requested services. The applicants are to meet
the criteria set out below:
• Shall justify a minimum of a Master’s degree in Communication, Media, Public Relations or Related
• Shall justify a minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in Communication and
promotion products in the ECOWAS sub region.
• Shall justify having successfully executed at least 2 similar assignments (Extensive experience in
developing high quality communication and promotion products in ECOWAS sub-region) for an
international organization, a donor-funded project or a public/private entity.
• Must have demonstrable experience of working with multiple partners to develop communication
• The Individual consultant must be proficient in one (1) of the ECOWAS official languages i.e.
French, English and Portuguese. The knowledge of another official language will be an advantage.
NB: The ECOWAS Commission would like to draw the attention of interested consultants to Article 117 of the
revised ECOWAS Procurement Code on “Fraud and Corruption”, which provides information on fraudulent or
corrupt practices in competition or contract execution. Furthermore, candidates are invited to take cognisance
of the specific information on conflict of interest related to this consultancy service, under Article 118 of the
revised ECOWAS Procurement Code.
7. The selection of the consultant will be made following the criteria for the Selection of Individual
Consultants set out in the Guidelines for Consultants. The candidate with the highest score will be
invited to submit a technical and financial proposal.
Interested consultants may obtain more information by contacting the Procurement Division at the email
below during working hours, i.e., Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT +1).
Email: email@example.com; with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
8. Expressions of interest with subject “Selection of an Individual Consultant for the development of
a five-minute video documentary on the Gambia pilot and the quick impact project of the
ECOWAS fund for regional stabilization and development”, must be submitted no later than
Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 4:00 p.m. (GMT+1, Nigerian time) to the email address below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with copies to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
Commissioner for Internal Service