WEST AFRICAN HEALTH ORGANISATION
JOB PROFILE PDF VERION -> EEE_PO Logistique
"This is a republication of post . All candidates who had applied for this position before, may apply again
||USD 36,901 USD – 44,469/ USD 44,328 - USD 51,637
|Reports to :
||Head of Division, Administration and Finance
|Duty Station :
Under the supervision of the Head of Administration and Finance Division, the logistician is responsible for assisting in the management of all logistical aspects related to epidemic prevention, detection and control, particularly within the framework of the deployment of the ECOWAS Regional Rapid Response Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Incumbent will work closely with the Professional Staff of the ECOWAS Regional Centre for Disease Surveillance Control, in particular with the Incident Manager. He/she shall :
- Provide logistic services for the deployments of the ECOWAS Regional Rapid Response Team.
- Support the Administration division in planning and organizing the work of casual/temporary staff
- Plan and organize with local and international suppliers and freight forwarders/clearance agents, the transport of medicines, vaccines, reagents, materials and equipment for epidemics prevention, detection and control: customs clearance, search for storage site, negotiating contracts with freight forwarder/clearance agent etc.
- Supervise and manage activities of receipt, storage and provision of materials in the warehouse.
- Manage the flow of materials between the area of storage or the warehouse and intervention sites, in particular of the Rapid Response Team.
- In collaboration with the Administration Officer of the ECOWAS Regional Centre for Disease Surveillance and Control, monitor supplies and relationship with suppliers
- Send reminders in case of delay in the delivery to the store and inform Line Manager.
- Supervise and send faulty materials or products back to suppliers for replacement
- Manage equipment and materials safety.
- Supervise control of supplies and equipment (including vehicles, electrical / electronic equipment) and development of user and maintenance guides (guides, protocols, procedures, etc.)
- Provide administrative and financial guidelines regarding logistical aspects and the use of equipment, in particular vehicles (insurance, registration, tax discs/license tags, driving licenses, etc.)
- Ensure the availability of facilities for storage of equipment
- Collect information and analyze context
- Establish the basic safety plan
- Comply with the proper application of safety procedures and rules
In addition, as part of his/her mission, the Logistician (s) will be required to supervise handling staff, as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in logistics or related field;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, logistics processes (flow management, inventory management) and logistics performance indicators.
- Control of storage procedures and optimal preservation conditions for pharmaceuticals
- Basic knowledge of management for the development and monitoring of an order budget
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Operations and Logistics Engineering;
- Possession of higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years;
- Excellent leadership skills, collaboration with partners, good interpersonal relations and advocacy skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking, global approach, report writing abilities).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as good knowledge of health policies and work environment in ECOWAS Countries.
Candidate must not be more than 50 (fifty) years of age at the point of recruitment and must be an ECOWAS citizen.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.